What does “Open Gym” mean exactly?
- Try something new or fun – a new WOD, work on some weaknesses, practice some skills, pick things up and put them down!
- Meet new friends and workout with them!
- Work on some extras assigned by your coach.
- Make-up a missed WOD – you know, the one you missed after binge-watching Netflix the night before with a jar of peanut butter…
- Prepare for an upcoming competition or event
- Challenge your fellow athletes.
- Complete any physical therapy or accessory work to keep yourself swole and healthy.
CFU’s Easy Rules & Reminders for Open Gym
- Open Gym is not a coached session, but don’t worry, you’re not alone – a coach will be there to make sure you’re safe.
- Basic gym etiquette still applies – don’t make us say it…wipe down the equipment, put away the toys, clean up chalk prints…yada yada…
- Open Gym is available during scheduled classes as well, but remember to be respectful of the coach on duty because, hey, they’ve gotta coach! Classes, newbies to CFU, and personal training clients have first dibs all equipment, gym and/or rig space, stereo, and clock. Remember to check in with the coach to see where you can WOD and be respectful of the coach and the athletes – keep the barbells quiet and the grunting at a minimum during instruction periods.
- Remember, CFU coaches carefully design and plan the daily WODs and warm-ups. If you see a fun WOD, take class, but please do not jump in after class begins.
- Open Gym ends when the last class is finished. Be respectful of the coach’s time and/or obsession with nightly peanut butter rituals. Never stand between a coach and peanut butter…it’s just dangerous!